11 April 2010

Trying to steel myself

I woke up very hungry this morning, which was a little bit of a problem because my day started with yoga-- and I can't eat for 2-3 hours before yoga. Translation: hungry Jessica, and 11:15 AM breakfast.

Other than the hunger, class was pretty good. I struggled a little bit, but only in the way I usually struggle with Bikram's. It is a constant effort for me to remember that I cannot ever be perfect at this practice; I am learning to let it be enough that I am there, and working to get better. The hardest part is that the 1 1/2 hour classes fit into my life at 6:00 AM on weekdays. Will someone please call me at 5:15 tomorrow morning and make sure I'm awake?!

Yoga combined with two days of veganism = HUGE headache all day today. My body is detoxing, thanks to the sweat of the yoga and the change in my diet. I'm hoping it goes away quickly, but I am trying to steel myself for a few more days of feeling gross (and possibly worse). Also, I refuse to modify my routine for detoxing; I should probably slow down and take it a little bit easier on myself.

Okay, food update:

Breakfast: english muffin with vegan margarine; blackberries; soy yogurt
Lunch: Un-BLT (whole wheat toast, tempeh fake-bacon, lettuce, tomato, vegan mayonnaise, avocado); red and yellow pepper strips; pineapple
Dinner: barley; chickpeas (cooked with cumin, smoked paprika, garlic and onion); garlic toast with margarine; green salad; strawberries; small piece dark chocolate with cherries; Pinot Noir
Snack: grapefruit; Whole Fruit bar; herbal tea

One funny note today: I bought a lot of bulk items at the grocery store last weekend. I've gotten pretty good about writing down the correct numbers so that the cashier can ring it up-- today's lesson, though, was that I should write down exactly what is in the bag, as well. Have you ever tried to distinguish between a bag a steel cut oats and a bag of barley? I'll admit, I spent more than five minutes trying to do just that tonight. :)

Sweet dreams, friends. Wish me luck, and let's hope tomorrow involves all of the following:

Yoga before work
Productivity at work
Finishing all of my homework during my lunch break
Class getting out early (I can hope, right?)

No comments: