02 December 2010

Derailed?

Also-- what if I learn to take vacation without forgetting how to feed myself? Although I'm thrilled to have walked away from my Thanksgiving trip a few pounds lighter, I didn't feel healthy and that I was taking care of myself well.


Back on track today. Went to the grocery store last night and am all loaded up with the fixings for this week's meals. I'm experimenting a bit with the dairy question-- I have an instinct that I may eat better with it's inclusion (maybe because of the fat or protein question? I have no idea.) so I'll give it a try.


An update from yesterday:

Breakfast: coffee with coconut hazelnut creamer and stevia, oatmeal with peanut butter and maple syrup


Lunch: Whole Foods prepared foods-- sweet chili tofu, autumn couscous (includes squash, cranberries, sage, etc), salad with cranberries, candied walnuts, red onion and feta cheese; fresh carrots


Snack: kiwi; two chocolate truffles; orange


Dinner: roasted asparagus; rosemary-thyme fingerling potatoes with balsamic vinegar and parmesan; poached egg


Breakfast: coffee with coconut hazelnut creamer and stevia, oatmeal with peanut butter and maple syrup, apple, banana


Snack: low-fat vanilla yogurt, frozen fruit

I think this blog is a work in process, almost always. I keep hoping and waiting to discovery or define the perfect pattern of posting sot hat it fits with my life and still gets the *right* content here. I'm beginning to wonder what value that formula might add, though. Maybe I'll just keep throwing things up here. If folks want to read, great-- and if not, at least I'll have a good chronicle for myself.

No comments: